Friday 12 October 2012

Connections……….things happen for reasons

Without sounding weird…. I am such a firm believer in things happening for reasons…when they do, most of the time we survive them, but maybe don’t understand their significance …

I have been invited to paint a story … the story is to be attached to a very old hall … stately home in my area… the story will be about the connection we make with timing and occasions and love … ‘My heart is my loudest note’ is painted on a heart which overhangs in my cottage… so taking up this challenge is one I will relish..

I have seen lots of sides to love… and to paint the connection of marriage which is a declaration for this emotion… I have knowledge in abundence… I however will be painting a story based on the footsteps we all take to enter a new lane/road/path…. I have lots of new ideas to bring to the canvas… just need to get started………..(but when I do… I can’t usually stop)

Co-incidence????

I photographed a couple in the most amazing place …it was in Venice… and the couple asked me to take a photo of them together in St Marks square when I was there this last August… I promptly took the photo for them.. was about to walk away, when the man in the couple asked me to take another photo… and in front of me while I was pressing the button on the camera… got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend … I was shocked as the square was full of hundreds of people… I was singled out…why???? I ask myself why??? was it a flook… I don’t believe it was… I am now to paint that moment in time for them to keep for ever … an heirloom for them to have… how wonderful is this…. or significant…was it meant to happen for them and for me….??? I don’t believe in things happening at random… they are meant to… in my opinion… I am uploading a photo of my studio.. it was taken last Tuesday evening

I love painting there…

Lizzie x 

DSC04905

 

DSC04916New Students work…. working towards a piece of abstract work… keep going Sam.

No comments: